Well I got a call this weekend to take a 7 year old girl in for just one night. Her foster family had other plans and needed someone to watch her. For 25 1/2 hours I got to be a mom. She was a delight to have. I was really sad to see her go.
My friend's kids have been waiting for me to get my girls for so long now. When I took my little girl to church my friend's daughter asked me where the other girl was. Then her son asked me if she was the little girl I got to keep and when I said she was just visiting he said, "Oh, you are just borrowing her..." Her daughter was still really confused about me just having one girl, because she knows I have been praying for two. She looked at me and said, "But you have to have two little girls... God gave you two beds for two little girls to sleep in... where is the other girl?"
My little girl saw the dress-up clothes hanging in her room for her to play with and was so excited about them. She put on a big, poofy lavender skirt that looked like a princess skirt and the red cape complete with hood. She then asked if she could wear it to church... I told her she could, but asked her if it would bother her if any of the kids made fun of her. After she thought about it she still wanted to wear it. She looked really cute. To my delight everyone at church kept calling her a princess and made her feel so very special. It was a great day.
She also got to play with the neighbor kids and it was wonderful getting to see her just be a kid.
Well, I am not sure when the next call will come, but I am really looking forward to hearing my phone ring...
1 comment:
Aww, how precious. I'm choked up. You have given that little girl a memory to cherish in her hear for a lifetime, a day of being a beautiful princess. Thank you for giving her the opportunity. I'm touched by your kindness. And how sweet are the kids' comments about their confusion!
Post a Comment