Thursday, May 25, 2006

Waves of Mercy

Alright, so nobody might even be reading this right now because I am a terrible blogger and don't blog regularly. I am sorry for not being faithful to update this. I will try to at least write once a week, and preferably several times a week. I have been very busy with my job lately. I am trying to balance all the Lord has on my plate but feel that everything will soon come crashing down soon.

I remember being in the Cayman Islands once with my dad and step-mom. It was the last day we were there and we wanted to go out in the water one more time and snorkel. There was a storm coming in but it was our last day there and we wanted to get as much out of our experience as possible.


As we were getting into the water a scuba diver was coming out cautioning us not to go in because the waves were getting rough. There was also a lot of coral reef where we were getting in, and it was easy to be thrown into the reef by the force of the waves. (Obviously the scuba diver didn't realize it was our last day in the islands...) We managed to get in the water without much difficulty, but after being in the ocean for just a few minutes the waves started to get pretty rough. My step mom started to take in some water because the waves were getting bigger and splashing up against us and she was having a small asthma attack. My dad was worried about her and started to have a panic attack. I left them in the water, and went to get help. I was trying to time it so that when I was near the coral reef (where we entered the water) the waves were going out so that I wouldn't being tossed up against it. I managed to get out of the water and went to the scuba shop to get help. Everyone got out of the water fine without any major problems but it was a little scary until we all got out.

My job is very overwhelming and I feel pressed to my limit. I feel like the waves are hitting me and I am just trying to avoid crashing into the coral reef. I also feel like help is on the way, and that I am not alone, the Lord is right there with me. I am choking on some of the water as the waves hit me, but I am confident that I will not go under because I know He is with me. I am tired from swimming and trying to avoid the coral reef, and I have skinned my knees a few times by sinning in this trial. I know that the Lord has provided this job for me and that this job is a great blessing. I am complaining, and I am depending on my own strength at times instead of crying out to the Lord for mercy to press on.

The good news is that the Lord is with me in this trial and that he will not let me take on too much water. The water I am taking in is helping me see my need for Him. He is allowing the waves to hit me to help me realize I need a Savior, that I need to depend on Him for everything.

I have always struggled with self-sufficiency. I try to do things on my own strength and forget often to rely on Jesus to be my strength. The Lord is so kind to allow trials in my life to remind me of His mercy, my need for Him, and to remind me that when I am weak, then I am strong, because when I am depending on Jesus to be my strength, then I can accomplish far more than on my own.

Am I feeling stretched to the max with my job?? Yes. Am I depressed? No. I know that the Lord will not let this trial last one second longer than necessary to accomplish His will in my life. I know that the outcome of this trial will produce peace in my life, patience, and gratitude. I pray that I will bring the Lord much glory through this trial.
If this trial will make me more like Jesus... then, bring on the waves.

1 comment:

beth said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.