About Me

My photo
I am a small town country girl who has learned how powerful the love of God is. I pray that you are encouraged by this blog. If you are struggling or weary please know that there is hope in Jesus. He loves you. This blog was created to show Evidences of His Grace.

Friday, August 03, 2007

A near disaster

I was talking to my neighbor today. He said to me, "you missed all the excitement yesterday."I said, "oh yeah, what happened?"

My mouth was hanging open as he told me the events that happened.....
If you remember a while back I shared that my elderly neighbor died and that the neighbor on the other side bought her house. Well the neighbor that is doing the construction called the gas company two months ago to have the gas turned off since they were working on the house. Evidently... the gas company didn't turn the gas off. They have been working all this time on the house thinking the gas was turned off and it wasn't. Yesterday it was almost a fatal error.



The neighbor was doing some digging and heard some gas coming out and knew something wasn't right so he called 911. First one fire truck showed up and said, "Oh, it really isn't that bad." But within a few minutes (this is all according to the neighbor on the other side of my house...) the entire street was filled with fire trucks and it WAS a big deal and the whole street was evacuated... My house would have been incinerated if there was an explosion. (My house is next to this house having the work done.) Had there been an explosion though, there would have been loss of life. It is by the grace of God alone no one was killed. I am so grateful that the Lord spared everyone in that situation.

I was having a nice day at my father's while all this was taking place and didn't even have a clue. Thank you Lord that you even spared me from the stress of it all.

Everything is in Your hands.

2 comments:

Zoanna said...

I don't know what to say but "Thank you, too, Lord!!" I can't believe this happened within weeks of the real tragedy you went through, but God has certainly shown Himself a mighty Protector!

Vicki said...

How often does the Lord spare our lives or change the course of events to protect us from harm? He is so good.