Monday, February 25, 2008

For He is good to me...

Well today I was fired from my job... You would think that today would be a really awful day, but it isn't. I have been at my job for 25 months and by the fourth month I knew it wasn't the job for me. But I continued to work my hardest and try to honor the Lord in my work.

My supervisor and my supervisor's supervisor both complimented me on my hard work and strong work ethic. They both reported that it was not their desire to fire me but it was out of their hands. My supervisor's supervisor even cried and kept saying how sorry he was.

I am grateful that the Lord has answered my prayer and opened the door for me to leave. There is no mistaking God's timing with this... and for that I am grateful. I will now have time to job hunt, pray about the direction the Lord wants me to take, and trust in His faithfulness. I have been here before and He didn't fail me then, I know He won't fail me now.

I am excited because I am officially leaving the field of social services and although I have no idea what direction the Lord will take me, I am confident that it will be good. I am so grateful that the Lord gave me strength to honor Him in my leaving and held my head high. I was respectful and I am confident that He that began a good work in me will be faithful to complete what He started.

Thank you all for your prayers... oh, I could really feel them. I am excited to see what door the Lord will open next.

4 comments:

Leanne said...

My prayers are with you during this time... Your attitude is an example to me. Praise God that you are able to praise Him.

Sandy kimmel said...

Well Vic, the adventure begins...

Zoanna said...

As I said in my email, maybe God has booted you from the nest to let you fly, all the while being there to catch you and lift you up. I thank God for your example during a very, very hard time.

Anonymous said...

aww, what a great attitude you do have. I'm praying for you!