About Me

My photo
I am a small town country girl who has learned how powerful the love of God is. I pray that you are encouraged by this blog. If you are struggling or weary please know that there is hope in Jesus. He loves you. This blog was created to show Evidences of His Grace.

Friday, August 29, 2008

Ask, Seek, Knock... after 12 years of knocking... the door is finally opening.

Well, I have been really busy lately. A lot is going on. I didn't want to write about it until all my family knew.

I have had it on my heart to adopt for 12 years. Finally, with great joy I am happy to announce... I am planning on adopting. I have written the autobiography, just have to fine tune it. I had my physical yesterday. FBI background check, PA criminal background check and child abuse clearance... all done.

I start the adoption classes on Tuesday. Classes are twice a week for four weeks. I am really hoping and praying I will be able to complete them all as I will be going twice a week to real estate classes about 75 minutes away and then the adoption classes are twice a week about 80 minutes away. So four days a week I will be traveling for a month, in addition to working.

Once the classes are done at the end of September, I will have the caseworker come to my house and do a homestudy. My understanding is that once the classes are done and the caseworker comes to my home, I will start the search.

I am hoping to adopt two little girls between the ages of 5-10. I would love to adopt as young as possible. Due to working at home, I would like to get school age girls. I have complete peace and feel the Lord's blessing to move forward.

I am so grateful for this job. Not only is it a wonderful job with a wonderful boss, this job is providing a way for me to be a mom. I had a migraine today and needed to rest. I just took some time off work, took some meds and went to sleep for a little nap. To have that flexibility is so helpful. I haven't had a migraine in months. It seems like I get into a cycle of migraines once or twice a year and then I am fine.

I will write more later on this... must get some sleep for now...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know that God's going to give you the grace for this month of classes...and after all, it's only a month in light of an eternal calling. That's just a blip on the radar!

Zoanna said...

Vicki, I have been SO out of your loop. I read a few posts, but how did I miss these on your adopting??? Its' wonderful news. I'm sure you'll be gteat at it. Is there also a husband in the wings to parent with you? I don't ask this to bug you (though it probably gets on your nerves) but it is so hard to parent with a partner, I can't imagine do it alone. I am sure you're going to make an eternal difference in the lives of more young people. And they in yours!