Well I haven't written much lately because I am still in the honeymoon period of being in la la land over my wonderful job. If I wrote every day, every entry would be about the same. Thank you Lord for this wonderful job. May I never take it for granted.
In this fallen world we have to work, but it is a special blessing if we enjoy that work. I work for an honorable company that is very generous and thoughtful. I have a fantastic boss and wonderful co-workers. This was not my story just a few months ago.
My mom commented today how my health has greatly increased since switching jobs and said it was because I am under less stress. I am also on different medication, but I am sure that my former job had some effect on my migraines.
I realize everyday that this job is a blessing and if it were gone tomorrow, I would be really sad, but the Lord would give me grace to endure.
I remember very clearly a day not too long ago that I was on my way to a client's house. It was a bright sunny day. As I was driving I was exhausted. I had not been sleeping very much due to working excessive hours. I was overwhelmed because I didn't see an end in sight and didn't know how I would keep up the pace I was keeping. All my nerves felt fried and I just felt awful.
As I was driving to this client's house I remember pulling off the road and I just lost it. I was crying and realized that I couldn't make it to the client's house. I was a mess. How could I help them? I called my dear friend Kathie and told her I didn't know what to do, but I was at the end of my rope. She tried to calm me down and help me pull it together long enough to drive to the appointment, do what I had to do and then go home and rest. That wasn't going to happen. I just couldn't get it together. I called my client and rescheduled the appointment. I stayed on the side of the road until I was okay to drive. Then I drove home and went to bed. I wasn't trusting God for my circumstances. I was working far more than I should have allowed myself. That day I wasn't sure if I had enough energy to get out of bed again... but by the Lord's grace, I did and lasted another 18 months at that job.
I am blessed. I am really blessed. Even when I had a job I despised... I was still blessed. The Lord is so loving and kind. I just wanted to take this opportunity to say that I am so grateful the Lord helped me get though that trial. I am so grateful it is over. I am so happy, not because of my circumstances but because of my Savior and the grace He freely gives.
1 comment:
Vicki, I am sooooo happy for you. I can just "feel the love" you have for your job--and for God who gave it to you. I'm sure you love it exponentially much for having to endure the long trial called Your Previous Job:). I'm rejoicing w/ you! Judging from my hubby's new disposition since landing a new job he loves, it makes tremendous difference to those around you!~
Post a Comment