This life is so short. In a moment everything can change.
49 days ago today my dear friend Steve Murphy was told he had terminal brain cancer. He never had any symptoms or warnings that he was even sick.
Today exactly seven weeks later, around 1 pm, the Lord called Steve home and healed him completely.
I had the great privilege of being around Steve a lot over the years... he taught me a lot about death and dying. Every conversation with Steve revealed his desire to go home and be with the Lord. I almost think he would have been disappointed had he been healed on this earth. Not because he didn't want to be here with his family and friends, but because the Lord did something to Steve... He gave Steve a small glimpse of heaven. Steve had a taste for heaven and nothing on this earth satisfied.
Thank you for everything you taught me. I am so honored to have been your friend.
Welcome home Steve... I am missing you but also rejoicing with you.
1 comment:
I was grieved to read of Steve's passing, but for his family and friends really. He went so quickly, which must've been such a shock, but it's clear from what I've read about him that he had a precious love for the Lord and a longing to be with Him.
Still, I'm sorry for you loss. I know you treasured him.
Post a Comment