About Me

My photo
I am a small town country girl who has learned how powerful the love of God is. I pray that you are encouraged by this blog. If you are struggling or weary please know that there is hope in Jesus. He loves you. This blog was created to show Evidences of His Grace.

Friday, January 01, 2010

Wow... 2010!

Two Thousand Ten or Twenty Ten, whichever way you say it... time really flies.

I had a wonderful Christmas this year... even amidst the sadness.

One of the best things I did this year and hope to do every year from now on is to have all of my Christmas shopping done by Thanksgiving. I did all of my shopping on-line... it is quite challenging to shop on-line and find something special for everyone, but I prayed that the Lord would lead me to good deals and gifts my loved ones would enjoy... mission accomplished.

Because of shopping early, I didn't have to pay a lot of shipping fees (less than I would have spent in gas driving around) and my mailman, Fed Ex guy and UPS guy were daily bringing me presents which was like a pre-Christmas. This year I learned that Christmas is more than just a day, it really is a season. A time to celebrate our Savior and share the good news we have with others.

Maybe next year I will shop mid-November so I can get the gifts wrapped a little sooner. I was able to do a lot of baking this year. Something I haven't done much of in years past. I noticed getting my shopping done early made the biggest difference in how much I enjoyed my Christmas.

Today is a new year... and a new decade. I really believe sometime this year I will become a mom... I have talked about this for so long, but I really believe it will happen this year.

I was thinking about the day I decided to actually start this process. The day I said I am going to stop talking about adopting and actually start the process and adopt... July 23, 2008. That was the day I was offered full time employment at my job. A job where I can work from home. I job I love. I remember Steve offering me full time employment. The pay wasn't much. At the beginning of our conversation about taking the job I thought it was the final nail in the coffin of my dreams of adopting. How could I ever afford to have kids on what I would be making?

I mentioned this to Steve and he said to me so gently, "Don't underestimate God." Those words instantly pierced my heart and filled me with hope. At that very moment I was able to take a step of faith and trust God. I accepted the job. I also said, "Yes Lord, I will trust you."

Almost 18 months ago I started this journey... I can't wait to see what happens next in the story...

Happy New Year.

1 comment:

Zoanna said...

Hi, Vicki. Hope you're doing well. I do pray you'll get the desire of your heart in 2010.

"Don't underestimate God." Sage advice! I had begun to do that, so the Lord tapped me with a theme to ponder this year: His majesty.