I see so much evidence around me daily of the Lord's grace. Allow me to show you a little glimpse.
My sweet daughter has such a love for the poor and needy. Every time we pass a Salvation Army bell ringer she wants to put money in the kettle. Not because it is some novel idea. If I say, "Not this time", she challenges me and says, "Mom, that is for the poor people. They need the money. God says to take care of the poor people. We NEED to give them money mom." How can I argue with that?
If she sees a man standing in the parking lot with a sign that says WILL WORK FOR FOOD, she gets really upset if I don't stop. She was almost hysterical once when I didn't stop. She started quoting (paraphrasing) verse after verse in the bible telling me I was wrong for not stopping and insisted I turn around. She sees what a lot of other people look over. She sees needs and tries to meet them.
When my 80 some year old neighbor is out working in the garden she rushes in the house to get some cold water from the fridge to give to him or the man cutting our grass, she offers him some cold water.
E wants to always visit my elderly neighbor lady that lives alone, even though she doesn't always want visitors... that doesn't stop E from trying.
She has her entire class at school praying all the time. They have prayed for my sore foot, my mother's dog, my grandmother's dog, my sore throat, her grandparents, the neighbors... the list goes on and on... If she knows of a need, she asks the whole class to pray. (Thankfully she goes to a Christian school!)
I love when she makes her tithe envelopes up on Sunday. She does one envelope for her tithe and one for the building fund (which she calls "building fun.") Since she still doesn't totally get the value of money yet, I check to see what she has put in the envelopes. She gets a dollar a week allowance, and up to two dollars if she does extra chores. One week she wanted to give $10 for her tithe. I told her that was way too much. A quarter would be fine. She challenged me again and said, "Mom, I don't need this money. I have a lot of things. The poor people need this money. I used to be poor and God helped me find you. I want to give this money to Jesus and He will use it to help the poor people." Again, how do you argue with that... she is so wise at such a young age and so generous.
Not long ago she got a bunch of her toys together to give to the goodwill, without my prompting. Some of the things she was getting rid of she really likes and plays with often. I asked her about it and she said that she wanted the poor kids to have nice things, not just things no one wants to play with. I am so grateful for my daughter. She is teaching me so much about life, love, and giving.
I hope to write more soon...
I pray you all have a wonderful, blessed Christmas.
How loved we all are by our glorious Savior.
No comments:
Post a Comment