Seven and a half years ago I wrote this blog post when I was going through a trial. It still encourages me. I found out this past week that my branch will be closed at the end of the year and I will lose my job at that time. It is easy to be tempted to fear and worry, but God has been so faithful to me, why would I ever doubt Him now. He has never failed me.
Like the Israelites I am being led by the Lord into the wilderness. Between yesterday and today I submitted my resume to 12 different places. None of them are currently hiring. This is a difficult time of year to job hunt.
It may appear that I am at a dead end. There is a mountain to my left, a mountain to my right, a sea in front of me and unemployment coming up from behind, chasing me, getting closer every day.
But then the Lord says, "Why are you crying out to me? Move forward." God will do the work. I need to take a step of faith and walk forward... even though the road looks impassable. He will part the waters. He will light the way.
I am reminded of when Jesus was asleep in the boat and a great storm came. The waves were breaking into the boat. The disciples feared their end was near. They woke Jesus up and said to him, "Teacher, don't you care that we are perishing?" Jesus awoke and rebuked the wind and said to the sea, "Peace, be still." And the wind ceased and the sea was calm. And Jesus said to his disciples, "Why are you so afraid? Do you still have no faith?
Unemployment is the storm coming my way. Lack of job openings is the wind blowing in my face. Fear and worry are the sea that is crashing around me. It may feel that Jesus isn't near. That he is asleep. But He is in control of all things. He can control all circumstances with his voice.
"Peace be still."
In an instant the wind will stop and the sea will be calm.
Help me Lord to hold onto your promises, to trust you. Help me to not be afraid.
May my faith be strong for He is perfectly faithful.
Photo Credit

1 comment:
And just because they say they're not hiring, doesn't mean that's really the case. God has something really amazing brewing for you...
Post a Comment