I was thinking about forgiveness today. I am the type of person who speaks her mind. I don't try to be rude. Actually sometimes I chalk it up to just being honest. I have lacked grace so many times when talking with friends, family, and well just about anyone who will stay long enough to listen to what I have to say. I am blind sometimes to what I am saying, and at the time, I really don't realize that I am saying something hurtful. I have a dear friend I went shopping with, and she asked me what I thought about a pair of earrings she was looking at. Instead of saying, "Well, I like this other pair better, I think it will compliment you more," I made a rude comment about her choice. I hurt her feelings that day. I am a person who is quick to speak, which the Bible describes as a fool.
"Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak" - James 1:19
"When words are many, sin is not absent, but he who holds his tongue is wise" - Proverbs 10:19.
I am grateful that the Lord is helping me grow in this area. I am thankful for those who are still my friend after I have said something foolish. My closest friends are those who forgive me time and time again.
I remember my first day at a new school when I was in 10th grade. My father gave me very wise advice. (I was offended at first by his advice, but looking back, he had reason to say what he said). He told me to go to my new school, and not open my mouth for a while. Say hello, but not much else. Listen to what other people are saying, and don't talk. Choose very carefully your first words. He was saying this because I was a chatter box and he wanted to give me some sound advice. I remember being very careful that day when I spoke, and what I said. Too bad I haven't still taken that advice years later.
Forgiveness is a wonderful thing. I don't deserve to be forgiven. I have said some hurtful things. I have very rich and wonderful friendships today because my friends are full of grace and are patient with me.
Jesus hung on the cross and said, "Father, forgive them for they know not what they do". How amazing is His love for us! The very people who mocked Him, spit on Him, beat Him, and crucified Him, He looked down and had compassion on. He approached the Father on their behalf and asked that they be forgiven. The people didn't ask to be forgiven. Jesus looked at them and forgave them while they were in the midst of sin.
My sin has been forgiven. Even before I sinned, Christ forgave my sin.
Today let us think the best of others. Let us extend extra grace. Let us love those who offend us.
"God's kindness leads you toward repentance" - Romans 2:4
The love others have shown me in the midst of my sin led me to repent. Many times the Lord brought to mind what I said, and I was humbled by the love I was shown when I didn't deserve it.
To everyone who has forgiven me time and time again, Thank you for showing me the love of Jesus.
"Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak" - James 1:19
"When words are many, sin is not absent, but he who holds his tongue is wise" - Proverbs 10:19.
I am grateful that the Lord is helping me grow in this area. I am thankful for those who are still my friend after I have said something foolish. My closest friends are those who forgive me time and time again.
I remember my first day at a new school when I was in 10th grade. My father gave me very wise advice. (I was offended at first by his advice, but looking back, he had reason to say what he said). He told me to go to my new school, and not open my mouth for a while. Say hello, but not much else. Listen to what other people are saying, and don't talk. Choose very carefully your first words. He was saying this because I was a chatter box and he wanted to give me some sound advice. I remember being very careful that day when I spoke, and what I said. Too bad I haven't still taken that advice years later.
Forgiveness is a wonderful thing. I don't deserve to be forgiven. I have said some hurtful things. I have very rich and wonderful friendships today because my friends are full of grace and are patient with me.
Jesus hung on the cross and said, "Father, forgive them for they know not what they do". How amazing is His love for us! The very people who mocked Him, spit on Him, beat Him, and crucified Him, He looked down and had compassion on. He approached the Father on their behalf and asked that they be forgiven. The people didn't ask to be forgiven. Jesus looked at them and forgave them while they were in the midst of sin.
My sin has been forgiven. Even before I sinned, Christ forgave my sin.
Today let us think the best of others. Let us extend extra grace. Let us love those who offend us.
"God's kindness leads you toward repentance" - Romans 2:4
The love others have shown me in the midst of my sin led me to repent. Many times the Lord brought to mind what I said, and I was humbled by the love I was shown when I didn't deserve it.
To everyone who has forgiven me time and time again, Thank you for showing me the love of Jesus.
No comments:
Post a Comment