Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Proof of Purchase

My stepmother recently went to Israel. As I was looking at her pictures, there was one picture that I thought at first was just a picture taken accidentally, and I started to look at the next picture. I felt a still small voice inside tell me to look at the picture again. The picture was dark. As I studied the picture I realized what it was. This was the most important picture I would ever see. What was in this picture changed my life forever. This picture was of a tomb, but not just any tomb, the tomb of Jesus. This picture was of an empty tomb. This picture was the proof of purchase. My sins are paid in full and this picture proved that Christ rose from the dead, that He was victorious over sin.

Romans 6 is one of my favorite chapters in the Bible. I would encourage you to read the entire chapter, but here is a small taste of the joy we have:

"Now if we died with Christ, we believe that we will also live with him. For we know that since Christ was raised from the dead, he cannot die again; death no longer has mastery over him. The death he died, he died to sin once for all; but the life he lives, he lives to God. For sin shall not be your master, because you are not under law, but under grace. (Romans 6: 8-10,14)

Easter is my favorite day of the year, because it reminds me that although I sin daily, my sin is paid in full. I know that when I go home to be with my Savior, that I will be free from sin forever. Sin is no longer my master, because I am not under the law, but under amazing grace.

1 comment:

beth said...

wow... this is wonderful to read... to be reminded of. what a beautiful inheritance we have!