To make matters worse the only scenario I saw to fix it was at the same time I had invited my family to my house to celebrate my Grandmother's birthday. I didn't want to cancel that, but it looked more and more like that was the only solution. My heart sank.
I began to get out of bed to start my day and then thought, "I can't afford to get out of this bed without first crying out to the Lord for help. I don't know what to do. How am I going to be in two places at the same time? I don't want to cancel Grandma's birthday party. Oh Lord, only you can figure all of this out. I need your help.” I took some time to read my bible and pray. I had to work at keeping my thoughts focused on the Lord and not on the mess I created. He was going to work it out, not me, so I just had to turn it over to Him and stop worrying.
Martin Luther said: "If I fail to spend two hours in prayer each morning,
the devil gets the victory through the day.
I have so much business I cannot get on without spending
three hours daily in prayer."
I love Luther's outlook on his day. Actually as I woke this morning this quote was in my head. I have so much to do today, I can't afford NOT to have my devotions. I need the Lord. I need His help. I need His grace. I need to stop everything I am doing. I need to stop doing everything in my own strength and turn it all over to Him right now. It is all in your hands. Ok Lord... help. Like a child that takes a broken toy to her father and asks him to fix it, I handed my broken schedule to my Father this morning and asked Him to fix my day.
After my devotions I realized that realistically I could not be in two places at the same time. The Lord showed me which appointment I needed to cancel and how to explain it to my supervisor. I called my supervisor and explained. He was fine with what I said. “No problem, just reschedule for next week” he said. Ok, so today is a little better, but what about Grandma's party? So next I called the caseworker. It turned out that Tuesday worked after all and Grandma's party on Monday was safe.
Did this all just happen in the matter of 10 minutes? Today became an easy day? Grandma's party was spared? My appointment for today was rescheduled for Tuesday and even has the boss's ok?
Lord thank you for reminding me to not let my feet hit the floor this morning before coming to you first in prayer. Thank you for answering my prayers so quickly. Thank you for your kindness to me and my family to spare Grandma's birthday party. You know how important that is to me. Thank you for easing the load I had to carry today. Thank you for caring about me. You are such a good, kind, loving, and generous God. I trust in You.
3 comments:
Great post, you are so right. God does amazing things when you just ask.
I had a wonderful dad with my mom, aunt and Grandma. We had a wonderful time celebrating Grandma's birthday...
The best part was when my aunt showed Grandma her tatoo she just got yesterday! Her face was priceless!
A tatoo, Oh Tori did you not go into great details about the germs, and other invisible microbes that lurk in tatoo saloons. Ha Ha. What a blast that date must have been. I miss you. sek
Post a Comment