There are nests among the stars where God's saints dwell, yet many are content to creep like worms in the dust. Oh for grace to break through the clouds and enter the pure blue sky of Christ's fellowship! We, however, are cold as ice when we should be like molten metal burning our way through all opposition. We are like the barren Sahara when we should be blooming like the Lord's garden. He has said, "Pray and seek My face." Yet our hearts refuse to say, "Lord, Your face I will seek." When we do not listen to His gentle call, trials come to make us obey... Spurgeon
I have had a few less clients this week and have not been as stressed. I have had time to do things that I haven't had time to do in a while like clean the house, visit with friends, sit on my porch swing and just relax. It has been really nice. But to my shame as I did my devotions this morning, I noticed the last day I did my devotions was... not yesterday, not the day before... but 6 days ago.
I finally had more time on my hands, finally had time to take in a deep breath and breathe and what did I breathe? The air of self sufficiency... and I wonder why this trial is not over yet with my job.... no big mystery there... The Lord is still teaching me to depend on Him and not myself.
I am grateful for the Lord's mercy, grace and gentle reminders. I am so glad that I have a Savior that is endlessly patient. Thank you Lord for saving me. Thank you Lord for drawing me back to you and reminding me of my need for you.
Lord I pray that my first thought in the morning be of You and my last thought at night be of You. Lord help me to meditate on Your Word through out the day and hold onto you whether my day is hard or easy, whether I am weary or strong. You are all I need.
1 comment:
Great reminder for us all.
Post a Comment