Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Believe

It is an odd product of our unhealthy nature - the fear to believe. ~ Spurgeon

I read this today from Spurgeon and realized that I have fallen into this somewhat myself. When I pray for myself for a new job or to be free from migraines I find myself saying, "This trial is for my good" or "If the Lord would want me somewhere else right now He would have me there", or Just because I am a Christian I am not promised an easy road." All are true. But what I have failed to do is to earnestly ask the Lord to remove these trials anyway.

I have asked that He would provide a new job at times, but not earnestly. I have begged Him to remove my migraines when I have one, but not regularly gone before His throne and asked that He remove this trial. I have people in my life that are praying harder for me than I am.

You do not have, because you do not ask.

James 4:2 ESV

I felt today like the Lord was using Spurgeon's words to challenge me to ask Him for a new job (which many times I have begged the Lord for a new job in a panic, but not in faith and in trust.) I am also going off of one of my migraine meds and starting a new med. I never like the transition period because you never know what to expect. Yeah - new med, maybe less side effects, but maybe new ones coming out of nowhere that you aren't prepared for... but try not to think about it and think positive thoughts... hopefully it will work and there won't be any migraines. It is amazing how powerful the mind is. I really have to preach to myself... this is a good thing... God is in control...

Anyway, I am rambling... I like what James 4:2 says. It was a real eye opener. So today I am asking.

Lord, in faith, I am asking for a new job that will bring glory to you and be for my good. I pray because you are all powerful and can do all things, that you bring this job soon, in your perfect time. I also pray that you help me with this transition of meds that it will go smoothly and that you will heal me of my migraines. I know you can do this and even more. Your Word says You can do more than we can think, ask, or imagine. I can imagine being off my meds, and working at a new job that I really like. Thank you for Your faithfulness and kindness to me. I am so grateful. Amen.

What have you held back asking the Lord for today?

Go ahead... He is a big God. He can handle it. Ask…

Ask and it will be given to you;

Seek and you will find;

Knock and the door will be opened to you.

Matthew 7:7 NIV

No comments: