There is a commercial that keeps playing on the radio that just drives me up a wall... It starts out, "It's just not fair... everyone seems to have a laptop these days and you don't... it's just not fair. If you don't have a laptop because you can't afford one or because of bad credit, call us now... everyone DESERVES a laptop... You DESERVE a laptop..."
My skin crawls when I hear that commercial... Not fair? Whoever promised life would be fair? Just because someone else has something doesn't mean you DESERVE it too... This world (America in particular) has really gotten a warped idea of life.
If you want to put it in biblical terms... Anything above hell is mercy. We DESERVE hell. We have sinned and rebelled against a holy God. We DESERVE nothing. BUT... God in His unending mercy sent Jesus to die for our sins so that we can spend eternity with Him. This is our greatest need and the Lord has met this need.
So if you are suffering, in pain, homeless, jobless, an orphan, a widow, take heart and know that your greatest need has been met. You can have eternal joy and hope if you trust in Jesus. He will comfort you.
And if you don't have a laptop... you don't need a laptop... you need a Savior. You don't deserve a Savior, salvation is not something God owes you, but because He loves you, He has made a way for you to freely have salvation... if you just call on the name of Jesus.
5 comments:
Amen. The word "deserve" is loaded with bad stuff, isn't it? Yet I find myself thinking it (as in the old McD's commercial "you deserive a break today." REmember that one?) Great post.
That was me.
I enjoyed your article.
I would like to mercifully and graciously receive a laptop if you're offering!
Just kidding.
Found your blog and enjoyed it. Thanks.
Welcome Molly. Thanks for visiting.
Good to hear from you Zo. Hope you are doing well.
Anonymous (I know who you are...) yep - the Mickey D's commercial really is misleading. Thanks for commenting. I always love to hear your two cents...
Just wanted to say a hearty Amen! I was diagnosed with Endometriosis 4 years ago and my husband suffers from Cystic Fibrosis. Its very easy to get into the mentality that we deserve health. I learned this very lesson a few years ago reading a book that changed my walk with Christ, "The Sovereignty of God," by A.W. Pink. I know that anything outside of hell is as I like to call it "gravy". I know I deserve to be riddled with sickness every moment of the day, but God in his infinite GRACE does not cause that in my life. Many Christians will tell us that we deserve health but I tell them what Christ told Paul when he asked for this thorn in the flesh to be removed. That God's Grace is sufficient for thee!!!!
Lourdes <><
Post a Comment