Trials - I haven't experienced a lot of them but one trial that really stretched me pretty thin was working at my last job. There were many days every nerve in my body felt over stimulated and fried. I felt like I had been pushed beyond my limits. I held onto the hope that the job would end someday and there would be something better. I was a little unsure of what the future would look like because I knew I would switch fields and had no idea what I would switch to and no idea how.
I was exhausted. I tried job hunting but job hunting is not a strength of mine. I also didn't even know where to start. I was more like a deer in the headlights.
Then one day I started noticing things were getting a little weird. I wasn't getting any new clients. My boss was becoming secretive. I told a co-worker that I thought I was going to get fired. She laughed and said I was crazy... I wasn't. I was told a client complained about me and they just felt I wasn't a good fit anymore for the job. I asked what the complaint was and they told me that she said I looked at my watch too much during a session... Well, I can't argue with them that I didn't think it was a good fit. I worked there just over two years and I knew four months into it that it wasn't the job for me.
I was really relieved and really unsure of what to do next. I did some job hunting but what was I going to do next? I had no experience in anything except social services. I did have administrative experience, but it was limited. I took a computer class right before I lost my job to try and help me get up to speed a bit more. I was really under qualified for many jobs.
And then the phone call came. I was offered a part time administrative job for a real estate company by a friend of mine. I accepted. I didn't even have to have an interview. I started on April 7th. Today, just over three months later I was offered full time employment with them.
I have never loved a job as much as I love this job. I didn't know it was possible to enjoy work like this. The goal is also for me to get my real estate license.
As I look back at these last few months, I remember the stress of being at my old job. I remember feeling sick to my stomach. I remember saying, " I just can't do one more day..." I hated Monday's at my old job. I would work sometimes from 8 am Monday - straight through to 3 am Tuesday. 19 straight hours. It was awful.
Now, I like Monday's. I usually get up at 6 am. Something I have never done before. I like everyday of the week now. There really isn't any day that I wake up and say, "Oh, I can't wait until this day is over..."
I did not deserve this blessing. But we have a very generous Lord. He gave me strength to get through the last trial. He taught me to depend on Him for my every need. For my every minute.
Thank you Lord that "I have seen the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living." Thank you that you have new mercies every morning. Thank you for this job. May I bring glory to You.
5 comments:
So awesome! Praise God for his blessing of a job you love.
WhoaaaWho, Go God!
Sandy
Even though you knew you weren't a good fit for the other job, I have never seen anyone give themselves so wholeheartedly in trying to do a good job and provide the best possible care for your clients. You conducted yourself with integrity and made it through those 2 yrs. with God's strength alone. Praise God for all his many blessings especially for this moment of grace!
congratulations on your new full time job
Been thinking about you lots (more than you know). Does this mean you get to be my friend more??!! I hope so!!! (Also because Heroes is getting ready to start, but more cuz I like you.)
Post a Comment