A very monumental event will happen to me in one week. (I am not talking about kids just yet.)
This day has been 21 years in the making. This is a day I thought would never come, but always hoped would.
I am so amazed that this day is coming. The joy I feel about this day is so great that I almost (almost) forget about how long and difficult it was to get to this day.
If you are ever tempted to believe miracles don't happen, if you wonder if God really hears our prayers, if you ever grow weary when a trial seems to go on and on and on and it seems like it will never end... let me encourage you.
Miracles do happen.
God hears our prayers.
There is a season for everything... trials do end.
So what big event is happening next week? As of next Wednesday I will officially be off of all my migraine medicine. (I still have some vitamins and supplements I will be taking, but no medications!)
This has been such a long road. Choosing between not having pain but having horrendous side effects was a very hard decision to make. I feared I would have to go on disability and never work again.
God, in His amazing kindness has healed my body. I still get a few headaches once in a while, but the difference between a headache and a migraine is like the difference between stubbing your toe and having your foot amputated. I might need to take some Tylenol or Excedrin or Advil once or twice a month, but it isn't often enough to have to stay on any medication. I am not having migraines anymore! I don't need any medication.
Thank you all for your prayers. He has heard and answered you.
Please keep my friend Beth in your prayers... she also suffers with migraines. Her journey isn't over just yet, but I am praying it will be very soon. I have faith for her healing. I am a living testimony that God heals. Please join me in praying for her.
A Time for Everything
There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven:
A time to be born and a time to die, a time to plant and a time to uproot,
A time to kill and a time to heal, a time to tear down and a time to build, A time to weep and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance,
A time to scatter stones and a time to gather them, a time to embrace and a time to refrain,
A time to search and a time to give up, a time to keep and a time to throw away,
A time to tear and a time to mend, a time to be silent and a time to speak,
A time to love and a time to hate, a time for war and a time for peace.
What does the worker gain from his toil? I have seen the burden God has laid on men. He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the hearts of men; yet they cannot fathom what God has done from beginning to end.
Ecclesiastes 3:1-11 (NIV)
2 comments:
hi vicki!
it's kelli (used to be prater)! i'm so excited to hear about all of what God is doing in your life. could you email me at kcohee[at]covfel.org? i have a favor to ask.
thanks!
kelli
I am SO thrilled to hear your great news. (And yes, I was thinking adoption right from the first line, you big tease). I have only had about 3 migraines in my life. I can't imagine having chronic ones, but I do know the joy of coming off prescription medication becuase of God's loving healing touch!
Post a Comment