About Me

My photo
I am a small town country girl who has learned how powerful the love of God is. I pray that you are encouraged by this blog. If you are struggling or weary please know that there is hope in Jesus. He loves you. This blog was created to show Evidences of His Grace.

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

We are safe

As I watched the Inauguration this morning I heard two commentators talk about President Bush. They said that regardless of what you think of Bush, he kept our country safe after September 11th. The commentators went on to say how they feared for 6 months after the attacks another attack was coming... but it didn't. Then they referenced what President Bush said in his farewell speech. Here are his words...

"As the years passed, most Americans were able to return to life much as it had been before Nine-Eleven. But I never did. Every morning, I received a briefing on the threats to our nation. And I vowed to do everything in my power to keep us safe."

The commentators discussed how there must have been many threats that were upon our nation during that time, threats we will never know of, but President Bush was able to keep us safe.

Their discussion reminded me of an old Amy Grant song, Angel’s Watching Over Me.

Here's part of the song…

God only knows the times my life was threatened just today.
A reckless car ran out of gas before it ran my way.
Near misses all around me, accidents unknown,
Though I never see with human eyes the hands that lead me home.
But I know they’re all around me all day and through the night.
When the enemy is closing in, I know sometimes they fight
To keep my feet from falling, I'll never turn away.
If you’re asking what’s protecting me then you’re gonna hear me say:
Got his angels watching over me, every move I make,
Angles watching over me!
Angels watching over me, every step I take,
Angels watching over me....

I believe the Lord is always watching over us keeping us safe. When He says, “Do not fear” He means – You don’t have to fear because I have everything under control. I am watching over you, I will not rest. I will keep you safe.

If we really believe this, then we will be at peace. We can rest in His arms.

Thank you Lord for watching over us and protecting us. Help me to rest in You.


2 comments:

Zoanna said...

Good, good post. I was very moved when I heard Bush say that. I thought it very fatherly not to even tell the American public how often we were threatened, because we would have feared. A great leader will not burden his followers with things they can't handle, and constant fear is one of them. Bush didn't do everything right, but I can honestly say I am proud of him and felt safe in his care as Commander in Chief.

Anonymous said...

Your comments, Honey, remind me how much we need to keep an attitude of gratitude every moment of every day. Our every breath is a gift, a blessing from God. May He continue to hold us in the palm of His hand.

Mom