Friday, March 13, 2009

Lord I Need Wisdom...

I don't want to share too many details yet, but I am inquiring about two sisters, ages seven and eight, who live out of state.

I had inquired about these two girls last summer but I didn't have a completed home study done at the time. When I called before I was told there was a very large interest in these girls and although I was not in a place to pursue them, these two just stayed with me. They were off the internet for a while and I thought they had found a home. But just a few days ago they were back on the website. Now that I have a completed home study I was able to let their caseworker know I am interested.

These girls come with many challenges, but so far, from what I have learned about them, I feel with God's grace I could handle these challenges.

It is interesting because part of my support system is really encouraging me to get younger sisters (around 2-5 years old) and part of my support system realizes that realistically I need older girls so I can actually work.

I have had my friends’ younger girls around to see what it would be like to try and work with little ones around and have not been very successful. I have a peace about ages 6-8 years old. I agree that younger is always better when adopting as far as having time to bond and there is usually less baggage (for lack of a better word), but the Lord has me where He has me, and He will give me grace for what is realistic for me to handle.

I also have a peace about these girls. I have a peace if the Lord has called me to be their mom and a peace if He hasn't. Ten other families have also expressed an interest in them. I know that if a million families expressed an interest I would have just as good a chance to get them or not get them as if I was the only one interested. If it is God's will, it will happen. If not, I will trust in Him and wait.

Please pray that the Lord will give me favor with their adoption caseworker if it is His will for them to become my daughters and pray that the door will be closed if this is not His will.

I probably won't say much more about this unless I hear something because I was told today by their agency that they will send me an email on Monday of what I need to send them and I won't hear from them again unless they pick me and that might even be a few months.

Either way I am at peace. Please pray for these little girls. Pray that the Lord will keep them safe and find the perfect home for them.

Trusting God with every detail... thank you for your prayers.

4 comments:

Zoanna said...

I admire you. Such wisdom and patience and faith!

Whenever I think about you and your daughters, in my mind's eye they are less tha two years apart and are between 7 and 10. They are older than they look. The older has strawberry blonde hair, shoulder lengh, the younger's is auburn, nearly brown, with loose curls. They're both skinny and the younger one holds the other's hand a lot.

I'm curious to see your girls when you get them, whether the images that come to my mind when I think and pray will come to light.

Older ones, of course, DO come with more baggage, but because they are capable of talking (not necessarily expressing in words their feelings, but at least they're verbal) whereas those real young ones will have more bouts of sheer crying, physical manifestations (tummy aches, headaches) that are harder to diagnose. You might be running to the ped a lot more often when kids can't tell you their feelings.

Holly said...

Praying!

Vicki said...

Thanks girls for praying... patience and waiting is such a hard thing.

I talked with my caseworker the other day and she said they almost called me because they have 4 kids under the age of 5 (3 girls and 1 boy). She said that they were going towards adoption too instead of foster care... I had a long pause... but reality set in. She said that they didn't call because I only have a two bedroom house...

That is good because it would have been hard to say no...

God's timing is perfect and He knows exactly who my children are...

My caseworker also has not finished writing my home study yet... I am approved and can accept kids, but if I want to inquire about kids from other agencies or out of state (like with these two girls) I have to wait until she is finished writing my home study... the one she promised me two months ago...

God gave me grace to not be upset. She said she would try to get it done this week... although I am not holding my breathe.

I could be tempted to think I will miss out on these two little girls because of this delay, but again, this is in the Lord's hands. These two little girls might not be the ones He wants for me and this delay will be His hand guiding me to the ones He has for me...

Waiting is so very hard... but God is giving me grace... but I do have to preach to myself a lot...

Amber said...

Oh, I know how this feels. Waiting. I will definitely be praying for God to reveal His plan to you regarding this, Vicki.