About Me

My photo
I am a small town country girl who has learned how powerful the love of God is. I pray that you are encouraged by this blog. If you are struggling or weary please know that there is hope in Jesus. He loves you. This blog was created to show Evidences of His Grace.

Monday, March 09, 2009

Waiting... Patiently

My pastor said something during his message yesterday that has stayed with me...

Much of the Christian life is spent waiting...

waiting for God to answer prayers.

We need to have peace about waiting and trust His time table.

(No calls about any kids yet.)

I have been listening to a CD put out by Sovereign Grace Ministries called Come Weary Saints. Great, great, great CD! My pastor wrote the following song... I think it is really profound.

As Long As You Are Glorified

Mark Altrogge

Shall I take from Your hand Your blessings
Yet not welcome any pain
Shall I thank You for days of sunshine
Yet grumble in days of rain
Shall I love You in times of plenty
Then leave You in days of drought
Shall I trust when I reap a harvest
But when winter winds blow, then doubt

Oh let Your will be done in me
In Your love I will abide
Oh I long for nothing else as long
As You are glorified

Are You good only when I prosper
And true only when I’m filled
Are You King only when I’m carefree
And God only when I’m well
You are good when I’m poor and needy
You are true when I’m parched and dry
You still reign in the deepest valley
You’re still God in the darkest night

I will take whatever you give me Lord with great gratitude for you have already given me the greatest, most important gift I will ever need. You have saved me and called me your own.

1 comment:

Holly said...

praying for you my friend!