Wrath -strong, stern, or fierce anger (dictionary.com)
I have been having some feelings of anger lately.
I have been thinking of what my caseworker said about children not getting placed as much now due to not having enough money to place them. So kids are left in dangerous homes.
The kids in "the system" have really gone through horrific, awful experiences.
I am angry at their parents. Angry at the system for not protecting them.
I am an approved foster parent... but I still don't have a homestudy... because my caseworker hasn't finished writing it yet. Not real happy about that.
Today I saw on a blog that an elderly man (almost 90) is possibly being charged for Nazi war crimes. It is believed he was responsible for killing 29,000 people during WWII. They have been building a case against him for 30 years for this heinous crime and finally they believe they have enough on him. He lives in the Cleveland Ohio area...
To see a picture of a man that killed 29,000 people... I was outraged. Even more outraged that some people believe the Holocaust never existed.
But then the Lord quietly reminded me that my sins are worse than my caseworker. Worse than the parents of my future kids. Worse than the system. And yes, even worse than this man...
My sins put Jesus on the cross. Think about that.
My mom shared with me a saying she had recently heard that meant a lot to her. "Jesus loves you so much that if you were the only person alive, He still would have died for you." I have heard a twist on that... "Your sins were so offensive to a Holy God that even if you were the only person alive, Jesus still had to die to save you."
Bottom line... one sin... just one "tiny" sin is enough to keep us from the presence of a Holy God.
If your house was a mess, you might let your best friend see it. But would you let your future mother-in-law?
We don't realize just how holy God is. It isn't like the pope is coming to visit and I better not swear in front of him or talk with food in my mouth.
This is the Creator of the universe (not just earth... but the entire universe.)
When you see celebrities on TV you might think, "Wow, look at all the have." But what if that celebrity called you up and said you could have equal access to all they have? What if everything that was theirs, was now yours? But God did even more than that.
He made a way for His enemy to become His son. He conquered sin. God cannot be in the presence of sin. This is why Jesus cried out, "Father, why have you forsaken me?" It was the first time from all eternity past until that moment on the cross that God the Father and God the Son had been separated. Jesus was forsaken by His father so we will never have to be. Once sin was defeated and Jesus rose from the dead, we all were given a way to be in the presence of God forever. In His presence there is no fear, hate, anger, death, pain, sin. There is just pure joy, and overwhelming love. We cannot even comprehend what is waiting for us...
Thank you Lord for dying for me. Thank you for not treating me as my sins deserved. Thank you for Your mercy. Thank you for taking this wicked sinner and making her Your daughter.
I pray that you will trust in the Lord with all your heart... please don't depend on your own mind or understanding... trust in Him and Him alone... and He will make your paths straight... (Proverbs 3:5,6 -loosely translated)

No comments:
Post a Comment