I had an attitude this evening that it had been bad and was going to continue to be bad... but I also had an attitude that I wanted to show her the love of Jesus...
I planned a special treat for her after school (she wanted to go to the beach so I took her to a nearby lake and she called it the beach) I was so excited... I thought she would be too... she was at first, but it didn't last... I was so humbled... the Lord revealed to me how He has special gifts for me at times and I just kick and scream and tell Him I don't like it...
I remember when I was younger for one birthday my parents got me a bike. They were so excited to give it to me. It was a really nice grown-up bike. I had friends over for a party. Then they revealed my bike... a THREE SPEED!!!! Every one else in the neighborhood had a TEN SPEED!!! How could they give me such an AWFUL gift? I had a total meltdown...
Well, the Lord surprised me. M and I had a wonderful evening... we got homework done (and it was fun, not a war... this was a first!) Then she wanted to play a game I made for her that was also homework related... YEAH!!! she is asking to do homework!
Then she made me these beautiful pictures to remind us of our fun day at "the beach" today!
Oh Lord, please bless this precious child... thank you for the grace you give me... just when I need it.
1 comment:
Those are such cute pictures!!
Post a Comment