My mom and I love to take pictures and have gone on a few "photo shoots" together where we go drive around and take pictures... this is one of our favorite things to do together.
When I had "D" the first day together she wanted to take pictures more than anything else. She takes a lot of pictures... this is my favorite one so far that she took of herself...
This journey to adoption has paralleled my trip to China in so many ways. Before leaving for China I think that the majority of my friends and family thought I was crazy... I was the last person that should have gone on such a trip... but the Lord made it clear, and He gave me the faith to trust Him.
In the same way I believe many people think I am crazy to even consider adopting since I am single. Again, the Lord put such a strong desire in my heart... I just knew that He would work it out. This desire has been in my heart for so many years that I knew He would not bring me this far only to have me choose the wrong child. There were some interesting twists and turns on the road to D... but it was clear He was bringing us together and He chose her for me and me for her... I have no doubts... zero, zip, zilch, nada.
She is a little firecracker... such a wonderful and funny personality. I love her so much. Thank you Lord for my little girl... She is so wonderful.
3 comments:
Happy for you & D!! So encouraged at God's goodness while reading your posts. Have fun with your girlie!
Love Sue
Can't wait to meet her, on Sunday!
OH, what joy ! And what a beautiful picture, too. It's interesting that she took it of herself and yet she's not looking straight on. Very good.
I am so happy for you, and admire your
patience. It's been a long wait , but she sounds sooooooooo worth it. God bless you both!
Post a Comment