Well I am back again. Youth camp was wonderful. The Lord touched so many hearts. I am only at camp a few days a year and yet when I am there it feels like such a familiar place as if I am regularly there. This was my 9th year at camp.The Lord has blessed me so much over the last year. A year ago I would have been so overwhelmed at the thought of staying in this job one more year. I don't think I would have been able to bare it had I known I would still be at this job a year later with no change in sight. But the Lord in His great mercy and kindness has given me strength to persevere in Him and each day gets a little easier. I still long for a different job with normal hours but I know that I will be able to endure for as long as the Lord has me at this job. It is amazing how my situation hasn't changed, only my perspective.
I am grateful that the Lord has helped me to follow Him and trust Him more in this last year than I have in previous years. Just as a ball rolling down hill gains speed the further it goes I have seen spiritual growth in my life the further I go. This last year has been a year of trials more than most years but in the Lord's great kindness it has also been a year of great growth in my life more than most years. My trials haven't been intense this year but the trials of those I care about around me have been and they have been heavy on my heart and have put in perspective what is most important. When you see your friends loved one fighting for their life, going shopping or to the movies or buying the latest gadget suddenly isn't important anymore. Heaven becomes so much more important and this world becomes less desirable.
I am grateful that this world is not my home. If this was all there was, I would be greatly disappointed. But there is hope! There is a home waiting for us. A perfect home where there is no more pain or tears, no more sadness or death or sorrow. I long for this home. Thank you Lord for saving me. I can't wait to come home.
4 comments:
Beautiful post and pictures. So glad your camp time was refreshing. As the wife of a man who's not been happy in his same job for MANY years, I feel for you. Perspective is really the key to accepting the circumstances. Lovely pictures, where did you get them?
Thanks Zo. I took the pictures at camp. So glad you are home and the trip was such a success. I have been slowly getting caught up on your trip through yours and Sarah's blog.
ps... I must credit my mother on the second picture though... although I took the picture, she saw the shot, had the eye for the picture and told me where to stand. Thanks mom. Great picture. I love the reflection of the cross in the water.
You took the second shot? It looks like something out of the movies, almost contrived, do serene and perfectly situated with the cross reflecting in the water. Kudoes to your mom for her keen observation, and your clicking ability!
Post a Comment