About Me

My photo
I am a small town country girl who has learned how powerful the love of God is. I pray that you are encouraged by this blog. If you are struggling or weary please know that there is hope in Jesus. He loves you. This blog was created to show Evidences of His Grace.

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Humble Pie

It is amazing how easily one can be humbled. Pride comes before a fall.

I remember years ago I was sitting in church and a family with young children was sitting in front of me. The one child was sitting backwards in the chair looking at me and I could see that her breakfast was still partially on her face. I could smell the maple syrup. I remember foolishly thinking "If that was my child, I would have washed her face. When I have kids I will never miss something like that..." Oh it hurts to even write this to see how arrogant I was... (and still am.)

Later that same day a friend of mine wasn't feeling well and asked me to take her son for a few hours. It was around lunchtime so I took him to McDonald's. We ate a hamburger and French fries. This little boy was pretty active and I remember when I returned him to his mother she laughed and said, "I guess you had French fries for lunch." I looked at his face and shirt and there was ketchup all over him. I hadn't even noticed. Not even a few hours later and I was eating my words...

Well a few months ago I was writing in my blog almost daily and it seemed that the Lord was giving me something to write almost everyday by putting something on my heart. I remember thinking (arrogantly again...) I don't understand people who get writers block... I always have something to say... Famous last words...

I have gone many times in the last few months to write something on this blog only to stare at the screen and not really have anything to say... Nothing was coming to me... writers block. I think the Lord was using it as an opportunity to deal with my judgmental, arrogant heart.

I am grateful for these life lessons because I don't see my arrogance, but I am sure everyone else does. It is the Lord's kindness to reveal our heart to us so that we can cry out to Him for help to change in these areas. I am glad that the Lord loves me enough to not leave me like I am. I am grateful that everyday, I am a little more like Him.

I plan on continuing with this blog, but I might not write as often if the Lord isn’t putting something on my heart.


So keep tuning in… The Lord isn’t done with me yet…

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

aww, yay!