About Me

My photo
I am a small town country girl who has learned how powerful the love of God is. I pray that you are encouraged by this blog. If you are struggling or weary please know that there is hope in Jesus. He loves you. This blog was created to show Evidences of His Grace.

Thursday, January 03, 2008

Life is even better than a bowl of cherries... when you are with those you love

I had the best Christmas I have ever had. I am so grateful for time with my family. This year we exchanged more sentimental gifts than bought gifts. It was wonderful. This is my third Christmas home since I had moved to Philly. I am glad that I haven't forgotten how wonderful it is to be home and am not taking time with my family for granted. I try to savor every moment. It is wonderful to be around my friends as well.

My one friend had her little girl while I was in Philly. I was home on a visit when she had her and was able to spend the night in the hospital with her that first night with her little girl. I remember leaving and thinking this little girl will never get to really know me and I am going to miss that. Several months later my friend sent me a picture of her little girl growing so fast and I think that was the final straw for me. I swore I wasn't going to miss one more Mother's Day or Father's Day and I wasn't going to miss that little girl growing up either. It was time to go home.

That little girl is so precious to me. When I walk into a room now she lights up and smiles and says my name as she runs to me. Her brothers are the same way. Her oldest brother told me a few months before I moved home that, "It was time to move home." He was about five at the time. I couldn't have agreed with him more.

I am so blessed that I have such a wonderful family and precious friends.
As I start this new year I want to be grateful for how rich and blessed I truly am.
Thank you Lord... I am so grateful.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad to hear you had a great Christmas. I heard that from many people (us included) and it does my heart get. It seemed simpler, more peaceful, more restful. You expressed your happiness well!