About Me

My photo
I am a small town country girl who has learned how powerful the love of God is. I pray that you are encouraged by this blog. If you are struggling or weary please know that there is hope in Jesus. He loves you. This blog was created to show Evidences of His Grace.

Friday, July 04, 2008

Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...

It amazes me at times (although it never should) what comes out of my heart. I enjoyed sleeping in today on my day off, finished having my devotions, talked to my parents, and am ready to enjoy a relaxing 4th of July.

Life right now is peaceful and relaxing... and then... a fly goes buzzing by me in my living room. "I gotta kill that thing" I say to myself.

How do I go from "Zi-pa-dee-doo-da" to the terminator in the same breath? That poor fly is probably just trying to figure out how to get out of this house and just because he flew by me I want to end his life! Geez - don't cross me on a bad day if I want to kill on a good day.

I am not saying that I don't kill bugs, because I do. (Sorry Mom.) But I was irritated that I have to take time out of my nice, relaxing day to "go kill the fly." Wonder how the fly feels. It’s just trying to get out of this crazy lady's house and only to have the crazy lady try to come and kill it.

I am not going to kill the fly - maybe I will try and chase him towards the door to go back outside. (Yeah, that could be a fun day in and of itself…ha) I am not a big animal rights person. I eat beef, chicken, pork and venison at times. I don't have a spider box like someone I know does to catch a spider and then release it outside (you know who you are...) I have taken on lady bugs, spiders, bees, ants etc...

I guess I was just thinking about the attitude I have towards these "inconveniences" that God has created. I wish I went after the sin in my heart like I go after lady bugs. Well, this was just my thought for the day... for whatever it's worth...

Now where is that flyswatter? (Just kidding...)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been learning something quite similar, albeit with different circumstances (flies, people, same diff, right?)...but I too have been realizing how easy it is to go from "Lalala" to "Why is this happening to meeeeeeeee???" What selfish people we are! And what a good God we serve to continually send us little reminders about who is in control!

Zoanna said...

"don't cross me on a bad day if I want to kill on a good day. " This cracked me up. I think we're on the same page animal-rightswise. I don't think bugs have feelings, which is why I don't feel real guilty when the axe falls.

HOw little it takes to reveal how we truly are!