About Me

My photo
I am a small town country girl who has learned how powerful the love of God is. I pray that you are encouraged by this blog. If you are struggling or weary please know that there is hope in Jesus. He loves you. This blog was created to show Evidences of His Grace.

Saturday, September 20, 2008

Sitting at His feet

My blessings are many... many more than I will ever be able to count or even remember. I have struggled with difficult jobs for years... in this area, the Lord has led me to where I am seeing the goodness of the Lord in the Land of the Living. I am very grateful.

Lately I have become near-sighted again. When I had the difficult jobs I knew that I knew that I knew the Lord would deliver me from them. I knew the trial was temporary. I knew God was up to something good. In every circumstance, He did, it was and He REALLY was.

I am in a new season now. I am confident, beyond a shadow of a doubt certain that the Lord wants me to adopt. I believe He wants me to adopt two little girls. Beyond that... I know nothing except that He will, in His perfect time, bring the right children to me. I have become very frustrated in the last few weeks with the "System." I have been told different stories at every turn from caseworkers. I have struggled with knowing if I am going through the right agency, have the right caseworker, choosing the right service (straight adoption vs. foster-to-adopt.) I get a different answer at every turn and I can struggle with worry of making a mistake or going down the wrong path and then slowing the already slow process down further.

In the end, when I sit at the Lord's feet... When I let the dust settle... When I stop what I am doing, stop my worrying, and just wait on the Lord... I believe that I am still heading in the right direction. Like a race horse wearing blinders to cut out all other distractions and help him to focus on the goal, I too must limit my vision to what the Lord is calling me to and block out all other distractions that will only lead to worry and frustration and possibly straying from the path along the way. Thank you Lord for walking with me and never leaving me...


Many of life's most important joys, privileges, and responsibilities have a time tag on them. They belong to certain days, or to the end of a set span of years or to a certain level of maturity. To grab them too soon is to spoil them.

Yet if our typical modern character has any weakness more outstanding than another it is this inability to wait. "I want what I want when I want it," is the prevailing approach to life.... If you would become a disciplined person, you must decide that, no matter what your previous pattern has been, you will never again try to tear off proper time tags.

You will never be sorry for waiting for joys to come in God's way and time. And let major responsibilities come when God sees you are ready. Do not try to force providence. The processes of maturation cannot be hurried, and only disastrous consequences will accrue when we try. We do not help God by opening a rosebud - we simply spoil the blossom!

Many young men have had to taste the bitter frustration of failure because they were thrust into responsibilities for which they were not ready. Therefore if you would be a disciplined person you must learn to respect life's time tags. ~ Richard S. Taylor ~

Ecclesiastes 3:1 (NIV)
There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven.

Psalm 37:7 (AMP)
Be still and rest in the Lord; wait for Him and patiently lean yourself upon Him.

Psalm 40:1-3 (AMP)

I waited patiently and expectantly for the Lord; and He inclined to me and heard my cry. He drew me up out of a horrible pit [a pit of tumult and of destruction], out of the miry clay (froth and slime), and set my feet upon a rock, steadying my steps and establishing my goings. And He has put a new song in my mouth, a song of praise to our God.

Romans 8:25-28 (CEV)

However, we hope for something we have not yet seen, and we patiently wait for it. In certain ways we are weak, but the Spirit is here to help us. For example, when we don't know what to pray for, the Spirit prays for us in ways that cannot be put into words. All of our thoughts are known to God. He can understand what is in the mind of the Spirit, as the Spirit prays for God's people. We know that God is always at work for the good of everyone who loves him. They are the ones God has chosen for his purpose.

Romans 12:12 (CEV)

Let your hope make you glad. Be patient in time of trouble and never stop praying.

Romans 12:12 (NIV)
Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.


Hebrews 6:13-18 (NIV)
When God made his promise to Abraham, since there was no one greater for him to swear by, he swore by himself, saying, "I will surely bless you and give you many descendants." And so after waiting patiently, Abraham received what was promised.

No comments: