About Me

My photo
I am a small town country girl who has learned how powerful the love of God is. I pray that you are encouraged by this blog. If you are struggling or weary please know that there is hope in Jesus. He loves you. This blog was created to show Evidences of His Grace.

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Did you ever...

Did you ever wait for something to happen and think something would happen in a certain time period but it takes WAY longer to happen than you expected?

I remember when I was 16. I was confident I would be married by 20. If you had told me at 20 I would still be single at 38... I would have laughed in your face, (or maybe even cried.)

Now at 38 if you were to tell me I will be single at 50 or even until I die... I might just say... Oh... OK.

Now in regards to kids... well, that's another story. I can remember when I took my adoption classes in October. The caseworker told me I would have kids by Christmas. She said it like it wasn't just a possibility, it was a fact. Here it is mid-June... I never thought it would take THIS long...

I know God is in control. I know He is sovereign and working behind the scenes leading the perfect child(ren) to me. It is just taking a lot longer than I thought...

I don't know if I will ever get married... the Lord hasn't let me in on that little secret, but I do know I will be a mom... that is one little secret He has told me. Even if I have to wait years I know He has called me to be a mom... (oh Lord give me strength if that is the case).

If I had to guess what was happening right now for M. I would guess that her mother's rights are being terminated... they are taking care of legal stuff which always takes a long time... M. is probably saying goodbye to her friends and family, preparing to start a new life with strangers, and never see her siblings or relatives again... I can't even imagine what she must be going through... I can't even imagine how devastated she must feel.

Whether M. comes to live with me and become my little girl or finds a home elsewhere, she is in great need of prayer, especially right now. I might not see anything happening on my end, but her world is being turned up-side-down... The best day of my life will be the worst day of her life. Oh Lord, please help this sweet child... stay near her. Help her to know that you will never leave her, never abandon her or ever stop loving her.

1 comment:

zo said...

Waiting with you, Vicki...in prayer. It certainly does seem like a long time to place a child who is in a miserable situation with someone who wants to give her a happy home.

To answer the "have you ever?" question, yes. I had to wait ten years after my third child was born, waiting through two miscarriages to carry our now-7-year-old to term. It makes you that much more grateful for the gift and that much more compassionate toward others in the same situation.