Wait: to be available or in readiness, to look forward to eagerly, rest, await, expect, foresee, lie in wait, sit tight, stand by.
Still: calm, quiet, at rest, peaceful, restful, serene, stable, tranquil, unruffled, undisturbed, untroubled.
I officially started the adoption/foster care process in August 2008... Today is June first, 10 months later... I "might" find out this week or next if I was chosen for M. They said that once school was out they would be making a decision. School is out this week.
Being on standby is hard...
I might be called about other children instead of M... I have no idea if I am about to be a mother of one or two children. I have no idea what their ages will be. I don't know what their names are. I don't know where they are coming from. I don't know what trials and heartaches they have been through...
I have found that it is hard for me to think about it too much or I grow discontent in my waiting. The Lord has called me to be a mom, but first He has called me to trust Him and wait... and so I wait... patiently...
Psalm 37:7a (NIV)
Be still before the LORD and wait patiently for Him.
Psalm 40:1 (NIV)
I waited patiently for the LORD; He turned to me and heard my cry.
People ask me all the time if I have heard anything... I am so touched that so many people are excited and praying with me...
All I know is that God is good. God is faithful. God is Sovereign. His timing is perfect. He knows my children's names, where they are, how old they are, and what they have been through. He knows the perfect time to bring them to me.
I have been able to be calm, patient, and not anxious during this time because I am completely confident of His perfect timing. His hand is in this and if I know nothing else, I know He will work it all out in His time... I am called to just get ready... and so that's what I will do...
Luke 12:35, 36 (NIV)
Be dressed ready for service and keep your lamps burning, like men waiting for their master to return from a wedding banquet, so that when he comes and knocks they can immediately open the door for him.
About Me
- Vicki
- I am a small town country girl who has learned how powerful the love of God is. I pray that you are encouraged by this blog. If you are struggling or weary please know that there is hope in Jesus. He loves you. This blog was created to show Evidences of His Grace.
Monday, June 01, 2009
Unruffled, Undisturbed, Peacefully Waiting
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Very, very encouraging words Vik! I am so touched to hear your heart. Praying for you and for your child/children! You are going to be such a wonderful mom!
love ya!
I totally agree with what Holly said. Your post reminds me of one I just read from a mom in my church who's about to deliver. Your "contractions" aren't physical, but similar in other ways. The "can't wait to hold my little one" feeling, coupled with "I know there's good in waiting till the time is right, can't really hurry it up anyway" and other people start getting really eager to get the call from you!
Thanks guys for your encouragement. I have been busy the last few days. I bought a gazebo, put it together myself, then got some free outdoor furniture at one of our houses, then put up some outdoor lighting and voila... I have another room on my house. I love it. It is screened in so the bugs don't come... if you know me... I don't deal well with bugs...
Gonna relax some tomorrow... enjoy your weekend girls...
Post a Comment