About Me

My photo
I am a small town country girl who has learned how powerful the love of God is. I pray that you are encouraged by this blog. If you are struggling or weary please know that there is hope in Jesus. He loves you. This blog was created to show Evidences of His Grace.

Tuesday, April 06, 2010

I did it... (cue the Dora the Explorer song...)

Well being a new mom there is a lot of juggling going on. Getting up long before the sun... (something is just seriously wrong with that,) parties at school, play dates, daily exercise, making good meals, and finding the time to work full time...

Tonight I hit my first home run... I have made a few good meals since E. came, but tonight was the first meal she had seconds, then thirds, and she would have had fourths if I would have allowed her... she ate every bite. What a good feeling.

I made baked chicken tenders with brown rice, broccoli and a cheese sauce to pour over it with unsweetened applesauce on the side. She gave me two thumbs up.

Then we went to Wal-Mart. We needed a new toilet seat. Well I knew as soon as I saw the toilet seat with the dragonfly and flowers I didn't have a chance talking her into a good solid, well made toilet seat. So we got one of the cheap "soft and squishy" toilet seats... the type I swore I would never own.

I fully expect it to be ruined before summer so I already told her that I get to pick the next one... I want her to feel this is her home and that she can decorate it some too... I just never expected she would care so much about a toilet seat...

So as we were leaving Wal-Mart she was getting tired. She said, "Don't get anything else... let's go home" in her whiney voice... but then she saw it and yelled, "Stop! We need that!" I turned to see what caught her attention and low and behold, my daughter was insisting we buy fresh cauliflower and broccoli! Wow... if all my battles were this easy...

So we loaded up on the veggies...

I guess the squishy toilet seat for a few months isn't so bad...

1 comment:

Zoianna said...

No butts about it, kids love squishy toilet seats.

So glad to hear your meal was a hit. AFter 22 years of serving meals to my family, it never gets old to see them really enjoy one extra much sometimes. If only they'd say so more often...

Love to read your updates.