About Me

My photo
I am a small town country girl who has learned how powerful the love of God is. I pray that you are encouraged by this blog. If you are struggling or weary please know that there is hope in Jesus. He loves you. This blog was created to show Evidences of His Grace.

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

the sad side of adoption

Last night I opened E's book bag to check her papers. Thankfully she was in bed. I looked at one of the papers they had sent home and my heart sank. "The Way We Were..."

I held in my hand a paper asking for all kinds of information from when E. was a baby. Her height, what she liked as a baby, and a baby picture. My heart was first so sad for her. How awkward this day will be at school for her. Then my heart was sad for me. I don't have a picture of her before she was 6 years old. I don't know what my daughter looked like as a baby. I don't know if she hated peas or liked carrots. I don't know if she had a favorite doll or blanket that she carried around with her everywhere.

I am grateful I know now that she hates peas and likes carrots. I know that she likes dogs a lot and can't wait to have one of her own. I know she likes anything girly and won't even keep a water gun because it is a "boy toy."

I emailed E's teacher and let her know I didn't know a lot of the information they were asking for on the paper. I love her teacher and I know she will handle this delicately.

I am so glad I have the rest of my life to get to know my daughter better. I am so grateful no more pictures or holidays or birthdays will be missed.

I love my baby girl. She is my little sweet pea. Thankful for the years ahead...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We get a lot of use out of that water gun over here, that's for sure!!

I'm so glad that you are sensitive to her past! You're such a great mom!