Monday, July 12, 2010

My Little Matchmaker

Well my daughter has been a little obsessed lately with the goal of getting me married. We walk on a bike trail twice a day with our dog and she has decided this would be the perfect place to find her daddy.

A few days ago she informed me that my husband was right behind me and all I needed to do was turn around and marry him. There was no one behind me thankfully, she was just pretending.

But yesterday she upped the ante some. A man was walking his two dogs behind us. E decided this was the guy... he should be my husband because he had two dogs, so not only would she get a daddy, but our dog Gracie would get a family too.

She was talking about this a little louder then I was comfortable with and I was getting a little nervous... but eventually my "husband-to-be" decided his dogs weren't ready for a family yet and went a different direction.

Thank goodness she is only 7 or else I would fear she would have an on-line profile for me somewhere...

I talk to her a lot about God being her father and trusting Him even if He never brings her an earthly father, but she is pretty set on getting me hitched.

No comments: