One of the biggest surprises I have learned as a new mom is how much parents think about their kids... I had no idea.
I think about what E might want for Christmas, what she would like for breakfast, what snack she might want in her lunch, what outfit I can pull out for her to wear that she won't fuss about, what shoes she can wear to school that will still be girly but meet the sneaker requirement for gym class.
I think about what I can do to help her and create the best scenario for her to obey. If I want her to clean her room, do I say you can play first and then clean or clean first and then play, or do I just expect her to clean her room because I said so? What if I put music on in her room and make it fun for her to clean. Do I help her if she asks for help or challenge her to clean her room herself?
Dinner... well if it were up to E we would have mac and cheese or buttered noodles every night. So what can I make that is healthy that she would like? Do I put only put the chicken on her plate for her to eat first since I know she will eat all of the rice and broccoli or do I put it all on her plate and watch her push the chicken around her plate because she ate everything except the chicken?
I am sure most parents think of their kids a lot... but I just never realized how much. Parents are constantly thinking of how to bless their children and how to help them succeed. When they say "no" usually it is because they love them and saying "yes" would not be what is best for them.
Being a parent has helped me understand this verse a lot more...
"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened.
"Which of you, if his son asks for bread, will give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a snake? If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him! Matthew 7:7-11 (NIV)
(Pics were of E's first day of school today.... she was so excited to go she could hardly wait... notice the dog waiting too...)
1 comment:
:) love ya Vicki! It's been toooo long! ~Holly Wadding
Post a Comment