E and I have so much fun taking pictures while waiting for the bus. She woke me up at 5:30 am this morning saying it was time to get up, she wanted to get ready for school... I am glad she was so excited to go, but 5:30 am ?!?
Well somehow in the last week or two her hair went from soft and curly to a brittle, nappy mess. I went to Sally's Beauty Supply. Two white women tried to help me with some products... they thought I should put a relaxer in her hair. Thankfully my time in Philly with my roommate Pam told me otherwise. I waited in Sally's hoping someone "ethnic" would come in and rescue me... thankfully, in the next aisle were two ladies willing to come to my aid. One thing they both agreed on was that I needed to stay far away from the relaxer. They showed me the products I needed to get. I went home and washed E's hair and thankfully... her hair was back to the way it used to be, nice and soft and silky.
Gracie got spayed today... I felt terrible taking her to the vets... poor thing... I called and they said that she is doing fine. They had to give her a few more meds than normal because she was drooling and panting a lot and her heart was beating a little faster, but after some drugs she was calmer and fine. I can get her tomorrow... At least we won't have to deal with her being in heat again... that was terrible. E and I were both a little surprised tonight by just how much we missed her.
(Gracie pics by E.)
No comments:
Post a Comment