About Me

My photo
I am a small town country girl who has learned how powerful the love of God is. I pray that you are encouraged by this blog. If you are struggling or weary please know that there is hope in Jesus. He loves you. This blog was created to show Evidences of His Grace.

Sunday, January 21, 2007

Pray Feverishly

I have been struggling with being weary and hopeless about my job lately. I am very overwhelmed with the week ahead of me and just can't even imagine how I will get through it.

I spoke to a friend today whose husband does the same job I do. She confirmed that her husband is in the same place I am. It was comforting to know that the madness I feel inside is from the job and not me going insane, but sad to know that he is struggling as much as I am.

Her words to me were very precise, "Pray feverishly for a new job," and "remember Who your Daddy is." What she meant was that I need to go before the throne of God and ask Him to intervene and change my situation. I have been doing this with great passion. I also need to remember that He is the Savior of the World, the Creator of the Universe. If I really believe this, then I can trust Him to provide a new job for me, to give me direction on where to look for a job, to give me confidence to look for a new job, to give me faith and hope that He WILL provide a new job, and that this trial will not last forever.

I have every right to be hopeless if my faith and hope is in myself, but if my faith and hope is in the unchanging God of the universe, then it would be foolish for me to be hopeless. It would be foolish for me to lack faith. It would be foolish for me to be depressed and hide in my house having a pity party for myself. I need to realize who my Father is. I need to pray feverishly. I need to walk in faith and trust that the Lord will show me which way to walk. Thank you Lord for the challenging words of good friends.

2 comments:

Bethany said...

I will be praying for you. I had a difficult job situation once but didn't want to quit because I didn't know where else I would work or what I would do and wanted to work to save money for a house. My husband and I started praying about it alot and then both felt I was suppose to quit..which seemed just crazy at the time. I put in my notice (gave a month so I could help train the next person). During that time I was offered the chance to apprentice with a photographer...which I took and which quickly turned into a full time job and a life long dream. And amazingly (even though I wasn't making as much) we saved enough to by our first house 6 months later. All that to say pray and ask others to pray and don't rule out leaping out in FAITH. I am not saying that quitting your job before you have another is what is right for you but don't discount God and what he can do if you have a little Faith.

Vicki said...

Thanks Bethany. I am definitely seeking the Lord and praying for wisdom during this time. I will pray that He increases my Faith. He knows my next step even though I don't. Thanks again for the encouragement.