About Me

My photo
I am a small town country girl who has learned how powerful the love of God is. I pray that you are encouraged by this blog. If you are struggling or weary please know that there is hope in Jesus. He loves you. This blog was created to show Evidences of His Grace.

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

When life's snowstorms come... Choose the SUV

My boss called me the other day and said he wished that he had been in my car when he had gone to a particular client's house recently. Evidently he and my co-worker went to a client's house in the middle of a snow storm, on back roads, and got very lost. Had they been in my car instead of his compact car, they would have had the benefit of a navigation system and my SUV and they probably wouldn't have been 30 minutes late for the appointment or had a few brushes with death along the way.

I got to thinking about what my boss said. Had they been in my car instead of his compact car they still would have had the back roads, and the snow storm. But their outlook would have been different because of the navigation system and the SUV.

I wrote recently about my bad day at work. I wrote about the upcoming week (this week) and how difficult it would be. I knew there was a "snow storm" of a week coming and yet I chose to get in my "compact" car instead of my "SUV with the navigation system."

What in the world am I talking about you might ask? Well... I knew I had a hard week coming up and yet I didn't have my devotions on the morning of my first day back to work, the day that I knew would be very difficult. (Too busy, I'll do it later, you pick the excuse, it boils down to I got in the compact car instead of the SUV.)

Over the weekend I read from my devotional Friday's scriptures. Had I taken the time to read my devotions that morning before starting my "snow storm" Friday I would have been refreshed in the Word of God, found renewed strength, and been able to get through the day without being overwhelmed. The Lord had mercy and grace waiting for me but I chose to not make the time, and do things in my own strength instead. I was encouraged however that the Lord will give me the strength to get through, friends and family to challenge and encourage me, and there will always be new mercies every morning. How kind, forgiving, and loving our God is to always give us another chance.

No comments: