Friday, July 13, 2007

8 Things you might not know about me

One of my blogging buddies posted this on her blog and so I thought I would do the same. My blogging friends probably don't know the things on this list, but many of you that know me best probably do... so here is my list:

1. My favorite hobby is test-driving cars and wheeling and dealing with car salesmen. I have had this hobby since I was 16. I also love to help friends and family car shop.
2. I learned to drive a standard transmission (stick) while ... test driving a car. (You should have seen the look on the salesman's face. He asked if I knew how to drive a stick and I said, "no, but I will soon...")
3. I hate to shop unless it is on-line.
4. In high school I was 5'7" and now I am 5'6". (80's hair is the only explanation... mine was HUGE.)
5. I used to bet on football games in high school. I always bet on the underdog because I felt sorry for them. I usually didn't even know who was playing. I didn't watch the game. I never won. (I only did it a few times because I always lost. I think the most I bet on a game was $5.00.)
6. I would love to go for a hot air balloon ride someday. (I would like someone to go with me, but haven’t found any takers yet…)
7. I would love to learn how to play either the violin or the cello if I had the time.
8. I paid a man in China to let me have my picture taken with a Panda. I was in the Panda's cage/pen and petting the Panda with no trainer or barrier between us. (In China they will let you do just about anything for enough money. The guy I paid was our guide and his father worked at the Panda conservatory we were at so he got the keys from his father and let me in the Panda's pen. It cost me about $36.00.)


Well that's it... this is me...

6 comments:

Zoanna said...

My hands are almost sweating after reading number 8. YOu kook! I also like wheelin' and dealing. We are tryint to buy 2 cars for 10k total, on the road, for our 2 oldest kids right now.

Anonymous said...

So, can you post a picture of you with the Panda? I liked reading this, I'm not much of a shopper either. I hate spending money.

Vicki said...

I'll email you a picture Zo. I don't want to post a picture on the blog.

Zoanna said...

Ditto for me on number 7. Violin! Not cello cuz I hate the very unladylike way you gotta hold it.

Vicki said...

You make me laugh Zo. I know it isn't ladylike the way you hold a cello, but the sound it makes is so soothing. I think I would get a crick in my neck with the violin.

Anonymous said...

Name the time and the place and I am TOTALLY in the hot air balloon with you!