About Me

My photo
I am a small town country girl who has learned how powerful the love of God is. I pray that you are encouraged by this blog. If you are struggling or weary please know that there is hope in Jesus. He loves you. This blog was created to show Evidences of His Grace.

Friday, July 16, 2010

Finally... someone pinch me...

I was notified on Wednesday, July 14th that E's adoption finalization hearing will be on Monday, August 9th at 11 am. That day her name will be legally changed as well.

Years of waiting... finally here.

I had to fill out some insurance paperwork this week. My company has us fill these forms out every year. The form had a box on it asking if I was in the process of adopting (or expecting.)

Last year I filled out this form and I marked yes in the adoption box. I was really confident that this was what the Lord had for me. I have for a long time. Now that it is here... I am amazed at God's hand in it all...

When you pray for something for so long, it is easy to grow weary and wonder if it will ever happen. When you feel God has called you to something and it takes a long time to happen, you can be tempted to believe you heard wrong or made a mistake. You can even be tempted to believe God forgot.

But God hasn't forgotten. He works all things out for good... in HIS perfect time, not mine. What a long road... many, many years. My heart breaks for E sometimes that she doesn't have an earthly daddy, but I know that God called us to each other and so I trust Him that He knows what is best for her... He has it all under control. He is all we need. He will take great care of us both.... I know this because He already has.

So excited for August 9th!

2 comments:

Zoanna said...

Excited with you!!

Vicki said...

Thanks Zo!