Friday, October 22, 2010

Cockadoodledoo...

I have never been a morning person, nor do I believe I ever will be... the first hour I am up usually consists of only making grunt noises... words are too hard to form at 6 am.

The night, well that is my favorite time... I used to love staying up until 1 am... I would clean every week between 11 pm and 1 am... I had more energy at that time then any other time.

For the past 7 1/2 months I have been forced to become a morning person. I have a 4 foot tall alarm clock that likes to get up very early... sometimes as early as 4 am. No matter what time I put her to bed she will still rise early... the only difference will be how cranky or cheerful she will be.

Now that I have a new job we are forced into a permanent early rise time. Getting up before the sun just seems so wrong to me...

So I have had to adjust my bedtime. Usually I was doing good if I went at 11 pm. But then 10 pm seemed necessary to be able to get up at 6 am. But this past week I have found myself nodding off on the couch at 8:15 - 8:30 pm.

I now want to go to bed every night at the same time my daughter goes to bed... and there is just something very, very wrong with that.

But alas the weekend is here and I can resurrect my former life for a day. Friday night I can stay up late... Saturday I can sleep in since my morning rooster has been bribed... If I get to sleep in we have a very nice breakfast... eggs, bacon, pancakes, waffles, whatever she wants... if I am up before the sun... cold cereal.

It is almost 9 pm ... I might make it to 10 pm before I am fast asleep on the couch...

No comments: