When I lost my job this summer my pastor and a close friend prayed for me. Both said that they felt the Lord was telling me that I wouldn’t have to try and figure this out, that He was my provider and He would take care of me. My pastor said, “Vicki, this will probably be hard for you because you are good at taking charge, but I really feel the Lord wants me to encourage you to trust Him. You don’t have to do anything.”
After being unemployed for a few days I had a close friend encourage me to take the time off to be with E until she goes back to school and really work on bonding with her more. I will forever be grateful for that advice. It took a step of faith because I knew that I only had a few months of unemployment… then what would I do… but I remembered those words, The Lord is my provider… He will figure this out.” God was giving me a very unique opportunity to have some special time with E.
Since E is back in school I have been looking hard for a job. I have applied for a bunch of them… but no calls for interviews. Most would also sacrifice a lot of my time with E.
I have regularly gone back to those words… “He’s got this…. You don’t have to figure this out.”
Last week I had applied for all of the jobs I could find. I was tired. I sat down on the couch for about 20 minutes before E got home from school and fell asleep. My phone rang. I woke up, I tried to sound as alert as possible… I couldn’t believe what I heard next… was I dreaming?
The man on the other end identified himself to be with a company I was hoping to work for 5 years ago when I was unemployed. The man wasn’t at the company then, so I had never spoken to him before. It’s a long story, but I didn’t get the job then, and hadn’t applied with this company recently. He told me I had come to him highly recommended and asked if I would come to the office and apply for a job opening they had. (Obviously God was at work... "You won't have to do anything...")
I went in the next day and applied for the job. It was perfect. The new boss was moving from out-of-state and just started Monday. He called me for an interview and Tuesday I went for my interview with him. He was really nice and seemed pretty easy going. It is a very large company, but this particular office only has a handful of employees… really, really nice. I was offered the job, (which by the way has excellent pay and benefits,) accepted, and start next week.
The Lord helped me to trust Him through this trial and not fear. There were moments I felt the weight of this trial, but He quickly reminded me that I had no business carrying that load… that burden was His to carry.
I remember a few years ago talking with my dear friend Steve about the weight you feel when unemployed… He flat out told me, “That is none of your business. That is God’s business… that doesn’t concern you!”
Uhhhh, What? Doesn’t concern me? This is MY life we are talking about… what do you mean, doesn’t concern me?!?” But then he explained that we are not to worry, we are to trust in God. We don’t have to figure it out. He already has the master plan. Worrying about it shows we don’t trust God and that we think we have to fix it because He isn’t able to handle it. Bold advice, but very true and very helpful.
It is so amazing to me… I needed the perfect job, the needle in the haystack. I needed a job that would be flexible with my hours so I could be there for E. I needed a job that would have good pay so I could pay my mortgage. More than anything though, I needed a Savior. If God has already met my greatest need… how could I ever think He wouldn’t meet my much smaller needs?
God is ALWAYS faithful. He ALWAYS has a plan. He had this figured out before I was even born. Just like He always does. Thank you Lord!
1 comment:
awesome! Love you Vicki, miss you! praying for you and E! ~Holly Wadding
Post a Comment