I am always amazed at the Lord's ability to answer prayers in the most unusual ways. I have been working hard at work and for the last week or two I was feeling like I was going to need to take a few days off of work again just to not "lose my mind" so to speak. I have been praying that the Lord would give me strength to trust Him and to do the work He has called me to and to also get some much needed rest.
I have started to grow weary at times wondering how long I can continue this crazy schedule and yet I know that the Lord knows what is best.
He knows the exact hour this trial will end.
He knows that I have difficulty even job hunting because I am so busy.
He knows that I can't go back to school with my current work schedule.
He knows every detail that is swirling around in my head.
He has it all figured out, and
He will tell me in His perfect time.
The Lord does not give us more than we can handle so to help me get some rest the Lord prepared a beautiful snow storm. (I know it is not all about me, but this was a way that the Lord answered this prayer.) For the last two days I have been able to stay home and conduct all my calls from home. I am so grateful that I have a God with endless creativity on my side. I didn't have to take two personal days. I was able to work from home by boss's orders due to weather conditions. Isn't it amazing that we have someone on our side that is in control of the weather!?!
I am glad that I have had this opportunity to get some rest and be refreshed in the Lord. He is so good.
I was sitting in church on Sunday and saw the mother in front of me give her teenage son some medicine (probably for a headache.) It struck me that the son went to his mother, told her he didn't feel good, and she gave him some medicine. How simple the request. How simple the answer. God is a loving God who desires that we come to Him. I too went to my Father. I said I wasn't feeling good and needed some rest. He gave me my medicine... about 8-10 inches of snow... Thank you Lord for the beautiful rest.
No comments:
Post a Comment