About Me

My photo
I am a small town country girl who has learned how powerful the love of God is. I pray that you are encouraged by this blog. If you are struggling or weary please know that there is hope in Jesus. He loves you. This blog was created to show Evidences of His Grace.

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Thirsting for God

I have been on a medication for many years that has a side effect of excessive thirst. I am always thirsty. Because of being thirsty I usually only drink water because it is the one beverage that will quench my thirst for a while. Sometimes I get bored with water and venture to other drinks but they don't quench my thirst like water does. I could drink water all day long and I am still thirsty which is why I chew gum or suck on hard candy.

Lately I have been thinking about thirst and wondering, "Am I as passionate about spending time with Jesus and reading my Bible as I am about getting a glass of water?"

Here is what Jesus has to say about thirst...

Then Jesus declared, "I am the bread of life. He who comes to me will never go hungry, and he who believes in me will never be thirsty.
John 6:35 (NIV)

Jesus answered, "Everyone who drinks this water will be thirsty again, but whoever drinks the water I give him will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give him will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life."
John 4:13,14 (NIV)

When I start to thirst for water I try to remember I want to thirst for Jesus even more.

My soul thirsts for God, for the living God. Psalm 42:2 (ESV)

No comments: