About Me

My photo
I am a small town country girl who has learned how powerful the love of God is. I pray that you are encouraged by this blog. If you are struggling or weary please know that there is hope in Jesus. He loves you. This blog was created to show Evidences of His Grace.

Saturday, February 17, 2007

So many mercies...

I was having a total meltdown recently over the amount of work I have to do and realizing it was impossible to get it all done even though it was expected that I get it all done. I was focusing on the trials of my job instead of the joys of my salvation and the Savior. While reading my devotions in tears I was stopped dead in my tracks and caught utterly speechless by this Spurgeon quote:

...To thee there are so many mercies that thy sorrows are not worth mentioning.

Be glad in the Lord, and rejoice, ye righteous; and shout for joy, all ye that are upright in heart. In obedience to this precept my heart shall triumph in God, and I will tell out my gladness. As thou has compassed me with mercy, I will also compass thine alters, O my God, with songs of thanksgiving! C.H. Spurgeon

How right Spurgeon is. I felt like he threw a cold glass of water in my face as I was reading and said, snap out of it...

My mercies are so many that my sorrows aren't worth mentioning. I will be glad in the Lord and rejoice. I will shout for joy. My heart will triumph in God and I will tell of my gladness in Him. As I am surrounded with mercy, I will surround your alter oh Lord with songs of Thanksgiving.

(Thank you Lord for sending Mr. Spurgeon's timely words to me to remind me of your loving kindness and my many, many mercies.)

No comments: