About Me

My photo
I am a small town country girl who has learned how powerful the love of God is. I pray that you are encouraged by this blog. If you are struggling or weary please know that there is hope in Jesus. He loves you. This blog was created to show Evidences of His Grace.

Friday, February 23, 2007

Thank you Lord for my eyes...

Ok, so here is my eye. (This was taken late at night, so don't mind the clumpy mascara...) One picture I tried to edit the flash out, and the pupil looks cloudy, the other has the flash in it... Anyway...

My migraine medication has come with a lot of side effects... fatigue, not able to eat meat, difficulty thinking clearly. I have been excited because it has been a long three months but finally all of my symptoms have gone away and I am back to normal... that was until my eyes started to really hurt.

I have been having a lot of eye pain, eye pressure, and my eyes have been very sensitive to the light for about a month. One of the side effects of the medication is glaucoma, so I made an appointment with an Ophthalmologist. It was a challenge to keep my thoughts under control while waiting for the appointment. My eyes really hurt and I found my mind wondering to what it would be like if I lost my sight and how drastically my life would change. Thank God for good friends who challenged me to only think about what the Lord has given me today and not worry about tomorrow.

So today I saw the doctor. Basically I am on two migraine medications that are drying my eyes out pretty severely. I need to use eye drops 4 times a day and go off at least one of the medications... good news - my eyes are not damaged, bad news - back to the drawing board on the migraine meds. The Lord is clearly working in my life, teaching me patience and perseverance.

My dear friend Mr. Spurgeon encouraged me with these words...
He knows your poor body, and He permits it to be frail. He permits your heart to tremble because He will glorify Himself in His tenderness to your weakness. He will make you strong. Jehovah Rophi is His name: "The Lord who heals you." Give yourself to Him, and you will yet sing of his lovingkindness and tender mercies.


I am so very grateful that I have my eyesight. Although I shouldn't have let my thoughts go down the road of the "What if's" it was good to think about how blessed I am to have my eyesight and how much I have to be thankful for. Thank you Lord for this trial. It is a small trial, but I thank you that it showed me how very blessed I am. Thank you for my eyes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I'd be happy to have your eyes, they are beautiful!!!

Vicki said...

awww, thanks Beth.