I have been struggling the last several days with migraines. The last two days I have not been able to get out of bed. Last night I had taken the maximum dose of all my medications and there was nothing else I could do. I prayed and asked the Lord to help me. I was in a lot of pain.
The Lord has blessed me with the most wonderful mom in the world. I called my mom and asked her to help me calm down because when the pain gets really bad I get nauseous and I start to cry which only makes the pain worse.
For almost a half an hour my mom read to me out of Spurgeon's Beside Still Waters, calming me and helping me fall back to sleep. I cried a little more as she read to me overwhelmed at how blessed I am to have a wonderful mom that would turn my weary soul to the Savior.
I continued to struggle with migraines into today and my mom was there for me to call periodically throughout the day to let her know how I was doing and to be available if I needed her. She didn't want to call me in case I was sleeping so I called her every few hours.
I am still not pain free yet, but so much better than I was. I am grateful that the Lord has given me the strength to get through the difficult times and has my mom right there beside me.
Thank you mom for always being there when I need you. I love you.
2 comments:
I'm so sorry that you're struggling with migraines. I can't imagine how hard this is for you. I'm encouraged by your post. You always look to the Lord during your trials, which is amazing. Thank you and I'll be praying for you.
Thank you Beth for your prayers. The Lord has taught me so much through these trials, and although it would be great if they were gone today, He is making me more like Jesus, which is the ultimate goal. Thanks for your encouragement, it means a lot.
Post a Comment