I have a CD that I listen to in my car over and over and over again. It is a mix of songs that encourages me to praise God and to press on. One of the songs on the CD has a scratch on it and gets stuck and skips every time in the same spot. I have to fast forward the song to get over the skip. It gets stuck on the same word every time. The word it gets stuck on is the name of “Jesus.” I love that scratch. I pray when I hear the scratch that I will be stuck on the name of Jesus.
There are times though that I am having a hard day and that song comes on and I don't want to fast forward the song. I have prayed, "Lord, I need to hear your name. I don't want to fast forward this song. I want to hear you. I need you." Often I don’t fast forward the song (until the skipping is too bad and I have to.) On two separate occasions (today being one of those days) the CD didn't skip on the name of Jesus. He heard my prayer. He knew I needed to hear His name. I needed to know He was with me. His name is so precious. Just hearing the name of Jesus soothed my soul.
Thank you Lord for being such a loving and caring God that you will even speak to me through a scratched CD. Thank you Jesus for being with me always. Thank you for dying on the cross for my sins. Thank you for saving me. Thank you for the love, peace, joy and hope I have in You.
No comments:
Post a Comment