About Me

My photo
I am a small town country girl who has learned how powerful the love of God is. I pray that you are encouraged by this blog. If you are struggling or weary please know that there is hope in Jesus. He loves you. This blog was created to show Evidences of His Grace.

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Just Andy, Opie, Barney, Aunt Bea and Me

I have had some bad experiences with my milk lately. It seems like in a few days it is getting a funny taste - long before it expires. That totally grosses me out. Some people really cherish a good cup of coffee. I really enjoy fresh, fresh milk.

So one of my friends told me she has the milkman come to her house... what? I didn't know they still do that. Well, they do. My milkman just left.

He is going to stop by every Wednesday and deliver me fresh milk. I can also buy eggs, cottage cheese, ice cream, whipping cream, oh, there is a whole long list. I bought some strawberry milk to put in my Strawberry Frosted Mini-Wheat's... pretty good.


So I have an old milk box on my porch. The milkman saw that and said, I can leave your items in there in the future if you aren't home... I don't discriminate (my milk box was from a different dairy farm. I got it at an antique store.) I told him, "no thanks" since mine is kinda yucky inside. But I might buy a new one from him.

I think this is the neatest thing...

I really do live in Mayberry...


Photo Credit ~ First picture: Vale Wood Farms; Second picture: milkboxes.net

4 comments:

Sandy kimmel said...

OK, I remember the milkman from when I was a kid. What company is this and do they have "rural routes"?

Vicki said...

I bet they would come to you Sandy...
Vale Wood Farms - http://valewoodfarms.com

Zoanna said...

I'm jealous. I've thought a hundred times I'd love milk delivered fresh to my home. With a side of coffee. :)

Pamela M said...

Pamela said...
Hello my SISTA...
I remember the story behind that yucky milkbox adventure on my fist trip antiquing with you... this brought back fond memories.. I miss ya girlie..
Love to ya
Pammy Sue