I went on-line and looked at some pictures of poverty and war. It is so easy to turn away and not look… the mother in fear for her and her children. This boy... starving to death. This mother took her young children into these waters because what they are fleeing is more dangerous than the danger of the water. This homeless man was tagged in the morgue... mistaken for dead. This child was aborted. You can see the pain in his face.
I don't know pain like this. I don't know fear like this. I have an abundance of wealth. I am safe, live in a warm house not a war zone.
A Mother's Shelter

Poverty ~Photo Credit ~ Corbis - Bettmann

Fleeing
~Photo Credit ~ Corbis - BettmannHomeless man in San Francisco was mistaken as dead and taken to the morgue. Photo credit ~ Tom Stone

Loved by God~aborted child
Closer to home I have friends that are suffering right now. Devastation has come and they are trying to just press on. My friends whose two year old granddaughter died of leukemia found out a few weeks ago their daughter was adopting a newborn baby boy. The baby was born last night... they instantly fell in love with this precious child. 15 minutes before they left the hospital the mother changed her mind. They had been preparing the nursery. Now they have no baby to bring home. My heart breaks for them.
Pain is all around us. The bible promises that trials will come. He will be with us.
We need to praise Him in the valleys and from the mountain tops. I don't understand why these things happen. But I do know that God is sovereign. He is in control. He loves us. And there is grace when we need it.
Thank God for your many blessings. Praise Him that you weren’t born in a war zone, you have food to eat, aren’t fleeing for you life, that your mother didn’t abort you, that you aren’t homeless and mistaken for dead. Praise Him for your children and pray for those who don’t have children. Pray for the children in foster care that have had terrible things happen to them. Pray they find loving, safe homes.
Thank God today for where you are right now.
No comments:
Post a Comment